PAT Testing Birmingham
Call: 0121 2590165
PAT Testing Birmingham. All portable electrical appliances in a low-risk environment, such as an office, need to have a portable appliance test (PAT) every year. The law simply requires employers to ensure electrical equipment is maintained in order to prevent danger. Inspecting electrical appliances as an employer and a landlord it is your duty to be vigilant. One way to do this is to get your appliances tested regularly within your property.
The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 requires that you ensure appliances are safe to use when first supplied. So, if you supply items such as kettles, toasters, washing machines, or almost anything else with a plug on the end, you need to check them regularly.
- Cuts or abrasions to cable coverings
- Cracked casing or bent pins
- Loose parts and screws
- Burn marks
- The outer covering of the cable not being gripped where it enters the plug or equipment
We may need to do a formal inspection, which requires the removal of the plug cover to check things such as:
- The cord grip is holding the outer part of the cable tightly
- The wires are attached to the correct terminals
- No bare wire is visible other than at the terminals
- The terminal screws are tight
- There is no sign of internal damage
We carry out electrical testing on appliances with test equipment. Appliances that have passed are deemed safe to use and a pass sticker with the next date is affixed to the appliance. Appliances that fail will have a fail sticker and will be deemed unsafe to use.